10 – 2 Thursday 9th November
£80 Non members
£75 Freelance Mum Members
Podcasting for business – a beginners guide
As a business owner, podcasts give you a way of literally talking to your audience in your authentic voice, telling your story and sharing your expertise to help build your brand.
They’re intimate, personal and direct. They can make you an expert in your own field. Not to mention, they’re convenient, easy to access and flexible for the listener.
So lets get podcasting!
In this 4 hour course we’ll be covering:
- Different styles of podcasts, the best format for you
- Interview technique, with a big practical element, you’ll be trying hand held and studio style interviews
- Basic editing skills
- Editorial and presenting basics
- Hosting your podcast – where to upload your masterpiece!
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to walk away equipped with the skill and know-how to host your own podcast, plus:
- List of recommended resources – studio engineer, equipment, contacts
- Podcasting ‘good house keeping’ check list
- Feedback on your first podcast
There is a big hands on element to this class, so for ease we’re limiting numbers to 4 only. This allows time for partner work, practising interviews & access to a professional studio. To secure your space, please email Faye.
To maximise the time, it is vital that attendees bring:
- A laptop with a free trial version of Adobe audition.
- A smart phone with free PCM recorder installed.
- Phone charger
- USB connector from your smart phone/laptop – the ability to email files from your phone over a secure wifi to your laptop
- Your own packed lunch
This workshop is run by broadcaster, Faye Dicker – with over 20 years experience in radio presenting and voiceover across the BBC and commercial stations, Faye is a dab hand when it comes to making the most of your moment.